• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Column P-N-D-2-1 cable support?

cucvegas

Does anyone know of a good way to support the cable that pulls the gear selector on the steering column / dash? The plastic piece that holds the wire broke off.

I tried JB weld to hold the plastic piece that broke off, and it wasn't strong enough.

Could you screw in a small bolt to let the cable run over the smooth shank?

Thanks!

Attachments

cucvrus

Yes. I have done it many times. Get an 1/8" drill bit and drill a hole in the steel dash where the axis center should be on the cable guide. Get a T nut a 1/24 T nut from a hardware store and a sheet metal screw long enough to fit thru the T nut and attach to the steel dash. Grease the T nut and the cable. Adjust on the column shift sleeve and call it fixed. Good Luck. Be Safe.

cucvrus

Check this out. I did some repairs to this nice M1009 back in December 2019. Shows my T nut and screw and end results. Go thru the thread. I have a few pointers in there. hope they help. Good Luck.

cucvegas

Check this out. I did some repairs to this nice M1009 back in December 2019. Shows my T nut and screw and end results. Go thru the thread. I have a few pointers in there. hope they help. Good Luck.
Thank you!!!