• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steering pump

bear76

In the process of cleaning the engine bay and inspecting everything I noticed that the steering box to hydro-boost line is missing. The hose I can get, but I'm worried about stuff that may have gotten in the box and MC. Is there a way to flush all fluid and nasties out of them while still in the truck. Down the road, when I have the money, I will replace all questionable parts with new. For now I have to make due.

BKinzey

So of the 2 lines you are missing the return line?

Then your hydroboost is empty?

I'd try filling the hydroboost, run the engine and turn the wheel. That should pump fluid out the return. Then put a cap on the inlet of the hydroboost. When you turn the wheel fluid should still pump out the steering box. Watch your turning, the faster you turn the harder it pumps out, the bigger the mess. Keep filling & turning until the fluid runs clear. Then install your new line.

Of course do some prep to catch all the fluid you will loose. Also if you see chunks of anything you might want to reconsider a rebuild.