• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering Stabilizer Info

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all you guys out there wanting to replace your worn CUCV steering stabilizer -

The original GM part number was 4993563, later replaced with 88946674. I have found a reference which indicates the later part number 88946674 will not work on our '84-'87 trucks, but not sure if this is the case or not.

4993563 is still available for around $30 from GMpartsdirect, GMpartsGiant, and GMpartsEast. These will be NOS parts.

However, Monroe offers a new replacement which may be stronger. ShockWarehouse ofers Monroe SC2913 for $27.74 plus shipping.

I just ordered one for my M1028 and will post a follow-up when I get it installed.

Hope this helps.

muddobber40

The Monroe one works pretty good. Easy install. I use them if I replace the damper They are 21.79 plus shipping from rockatuo and if you have the promo code you get 5% off. They also carry the ac delco for around 24

Gripy

I got one off of rock auto as well, it was a MOOG. It was about 50$ and much more beefy thatn the worn out stock one. Plus it looks cool.

chief1983

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this was a top google result for the part number, and it could warrant some updating. All three of the GM sites no longer ship that part number, they ship a replacement part number. But, it's not 88946674, it's 88946672. Probably gonna just get the Monroe at this point, it's $24 shipped and I can have it at my door in two days with Prime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks