• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering wheel replacement?

Marines42

Well I am debating removing the stock steering wheel as it hit my legs and makes it difficult for me to shift safely. Has anyone else had this problem? Have a suggested type or brand of wheel that will fit? Pros/Cons? Any help is appreciated.:lost:

Marines42

The M809 series steering wheel is already 2 inches smaller than on a deuce. Your legs must go up to your chin. I'm 6'6", 295 lbs. (cough, cough) and I fit in my 5 tons great.
Maybe the pedal is the issue then? The clutch pedal comes up very high. I bang my knees into the wheel trying to get it high enough to shift gears.

Rgdl

The height of my clutch pedal seems to be fine but I find the brake pedal to be high compared to the throttle pedal. Makes it difficult sometimes if I need to stop quickly.

A smaller diameter steering wheel would be nice mod however.:beer:

oldMan99

If you remove the steering wheel, it will no longer hit your legs.

hehe, sorry.
Gimpy I am very disappointed in you. Removing the wheel makes it very difficult to control the direction the vehicle is going so that is a nearly useless suggestion. I mean really, what were you thinking?

It would be much easier to just remove or shorten his legs and he would still be able to have directional control with the wheel. This also has the great advantage of leaving the vehicle in it's stock / unaltered condition!

As always, "I hope this was helpful"
:driver:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can lower the pedals down fairly easily, that's what I did. grind a groove in the pedal shaft, loosen the set screw, and lower it to the new groove, and retighten. I had the same problem with my legs until I did that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks