• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steve6x6x6 Recovery M35A3

ApopkaFL

Banned
Not many of you know Steve6x6x6 but left Sunday night to do a recovery of a M35A3 in KS. He is from Florida where I live. I called him Tuesday to see how his recovery was going and he told me that the transmission would not shift into high gear. He manage to get it to Topeka KS to a truck shop their. He is still there and they have removed the transmission assuming the 4 gear clutches are gone. I will talk to him again in the am and see how things are coming a long. This is day 6 of a 3 day recovery.

Rodman

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I saw he was "down" in the other thread. I don't dare think about what this is going to cost. I wish him the best.

KsM715

I just read about this in another thread, I feel for the guy. He was talking about explaining to the wife about going all the way to KS to get it. I can only imagine what it will be like when he finally makes it home.

jsthnt@gmail.com

That is where I broke down. I had very good help with and it was just and it just slowed us down a little. We were very lucky, it could of bin very dangerous.
Hope he gets it going.
If I had any money and I had know he was heading this way, I would have had him bring up a disc brake kit.

rwbrown72

I'm in Mt. Vernon IL. This is where I64 merges with I57. If they come through St. Louis and run into trouble around here please send me a email through SS. It goes direct to my phone. I'll help all I can.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the simple fact is that planning on driving an untested (and unchecked) GL truck 1K+ miles on a recovery without a backup plan is well......dumb.:oops: