• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stewart & Stevenson 1996 M1081 LMTV

FloridaAKM

I took delivery of the LMTV that I won out of Ft Bragg a few weeks ago. She showed up on the trailer this morning @ work @ 06:30 & was offloaded in 15 minutes. Here are a few pictures of what she looks like. During lunch I took her home & she is parked along with the rest of the guy things there!IMG_LMTVunload.jpgIMG_LMTV left side.jpgIMG_LMTVleft side.jpg The trip home was completed, but not with issues. The rear brakes slowly lost air pressure & got warm in the last mile or so. This the reason I had her shipped & did not drive home. I would still be on the side of the highway if I had! Thanks for all the help I had along the way!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good! At least all of your tires match. I've got a brand new Goodyear for a spare but well used Michelin XMLs on the ground.

What's the bracket behind the passenger door?

FloridaAKM

I recovered a Deuce on a 320 mile trip home with no problems, so taunting murphy a second time would have been asking for a disaster. I do need a turret cover (which I will fab up here at work) a drivers window, a bucket of screws to put the dash back together. All the relays & circuit breakers are in place, just the base is loose from some army mechanic trying to fix some gremlin (s). The passengers front window is new (complete with NSN sticker)and there is broken glass in the dash, so at some point, they blew out the window! She drives much different than the Deuce, so that will be a new experience on the road! Thanks for all the comments!
looks great, I am glad you had her shipped versus being silly and trying to recover yourself. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks