• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stop the engine running ...

zang

Hello colleagues. Yesterday was the engine stopped running. This is what happens when you return to idling. CUCV m1008 6.2D 1985.
I checked with the measuring device. Not is 12V but the electro-valve injection pump (pink). There are two green wires to be 12V (together). They have Not current.
For quick fix, I got 12V from electro-valve injection pump (pink).
It is not OK. Remains higher rpm range.
What should I check or change.
All the best!

Last edited:

Oldsouthernboy

The pink wire is the IP control wire (fuel shut off) and is 12 volt, the green wire is your cold advance control and goes to the idle advance on top of the IP and has voltage only when the engine is cold. (the black thing that had a screw in the end)

zang

Totally agree. Green thread has 2 sockets. One goes to the cold advance control. The other goes to the injection pump near the fuel shut off.
If no 12V supplying the them, after accelerating, the engine stops. This happens even in easy walking.
The cold advance control is to believe that the engine idling after you take acceleration.
Do not know where it gets command.
Thanks for your help!

zang

Solved the problem. @ Oldsouthernboy what you said is right. Green wire only has 12v when the engine is cold. If you give permanent 12V, will remain a little faster.
My problem was the diesel fuel pump. Replace the defective pump and everything was normal :driver:. I also mounted a one-way valve before entering the fuel pump.
Thanks for your help!
All the best!