• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'Storm is ready to go to Houston!

Desert Rat

Here's some more. Ken at work on that tire that went flat in front of his house. The shelter without the dolly converter and so on.

matrig

ken,thanks for the offer, i will be asking advice soon on the easyist way to change arear seal and axel boots . my m35a2 was oridginaly a m109 , we took the box off in la and put on duece bed , i'm going back in may to get it . probly use it for storage. i took the hard top off and put on vinel top , so i can take it off on sunny days. desert rat, my pump was already turned up from the factory, i could out run my friend ben until he turned his up now he smokes me on top end. i think we run about even through the gears. maybe yours is already turned up because of the weight. anyway hope to meet you guys some time this summer. matt rigsby .

Deuce-bigalo

Wow - Thanks for the abundant pictures DR! Hopefully things will be better for you in TX, just try and enjoy the wide open space!! Congrats and hopefully might be able to join a few of y'all and meet some faces!!

Good luck on the 2nd trip!

John

Desert Rat

Thanks John!

I'll have more pics soon. Ken and I are planning to do some more work on 'Storm either Thursday or this weekend or both, we'll see. It all depends upon his work schedule. We have planned a muffler installation, drain & fill all the cases, get the trailer brakes up and working (probably a bleed job too), install the pyro I just got for her and fine tune the engine. I'm hoping to sweet talk some fuel oil from Ken to help with my fuel expenses. I'll have more pics for sure as well as a nice pic of Ken and his ride for his avatar.

Desert Rat

BTW, the pic of the damaged cable was the damage resulting with the trailer operating without stoplights or signals. We trimmed up the excess cable and got all the lights properly working again.

The pic of the singled out rim is when we looked at an inner nut that had come free from the inner rim. We'll be checking all the lugs before my return trip.

One of the first pics is how I was seeing my little road train. The night pic is where I slept in Little Rock, AR at the Petro on I-40.

I completely unloaded the truck today and the trailer is slated for tomorrow. Love the warmth down here!

Dieselsmoke

Cool, glad stage 1 of the trip went well and with no hangups! How big of a headache did ya have after listening to the truck all that way?

Desert Rat

DS,
Not bad considering I was using a headset hooked into my CB/weatherband. I have some creative insulation on the interior of the truck to help too. Now I have a muffler and pyrometer to install before returning as well as a repaired tire and some touch-up painting too. I also have to work on the trailer brakes too. Pics to follow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer brakes are cool. I locked mine up a couple of times in the convoy by accident. Dave (N3UKA) can attest to that!

Desert Rat

Kenny,
The brakes on my M197 were smokin' in Illinios for a while (literally). I'll have to do a rebuild on them in TX.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Desert Rat made it back to Houston tonight. Trip #2 I'll let him tell the story!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks