• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange engine behavior when cranking. New IP.

Spectre

I've been lurking on these threads for a while now, learning and reading on my M1009 while I diagnosed and replaced the injector pump. Well, the new injector pump (a allegedly rebuilt, tested, and calibrated IP) for the truck came today, and I spent the evening installing it. There certainly is fuel delivery now. However, when I attempt to start the truck, the engine fires, then in the span of a second to a second and a half, the engine sounds like it surges to a very high speed, then immediately dies and coasts to a stop. I havent tried very many times to crank it, as the sound is a tad violent. I'm at a loss as to what the problem may be. Every time I seem like I have wrapped my head around this engine it throws me another curve ball.

rsh4364

Im not sure but I have heard of the round peg on injector pump installed in the wrong hole on the drive causing inj.pump to be 180 degrees off on the fuel delivery...