• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange thump/pop in rear

llong66

Once in a while, after I have stopped at a stop sign, when I accelerate, I near a pop coming from the rear end, you can kinda feel it too. It does not do it very often at all. I have checked all the U bolts, the universals have all been replaced so I dont think it has anything to do with that. I have never had a truck with a locker in it, mine is a M1008. Could this be something to do with the locker? I havent had the cover off to check it out and other than a tooth missing or something I would not know what to look for. It seems to function as it should, when in the snow this winter it worked fine and the little bit of playing in the mud it seems fine. I am at a loss as to what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas of something else I could look for?
Thanks much!
Greg

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI 1 thing that can cause this is bad oil,change it and add some posi additive to it.

This is all it took to stop the chatter in my corvette c3 3rd member also look for metal in oil.

Skinny

Very common for a Detroit locker to just bang randomly...feels like rearend just exploded. I would pull the cover for an inspection and torque the carrier bolts. If no chunks show up, run it!

Barrman

When you let off the power and do anything besides exactly straight, the locker will unlock. You are probably just hearing the locker lock back up again. I tell people riding with me in the Detroil Lockered M715 "it is just the locker saying hello." They usually have big bug eyes after the noise.

Skinny

I personally like Detroits on a light weight truck like a Yota or Jeep. Going down the road in a straight line minding your own business. Then BAM!!! The Detroit skips a tooth and almost sends you into oncoming traffic.

"Oh Hello...I'm a Detroit...just reminding you that I'm back here"

Meanwhile you are looking for a WalMart to go buy some new undershorts!

jamesm1028

hi. Im new to a new member on this website although i have looked to it for information before. Anyways I saw ur pic of the m1031 and i was wondering if u still have it? and if it is for sale and how much u would want if it is for sale?

Skinny

Welcome to SS!

I still have my M1031 and even though I do not have it listed or actively trying to sell it, "everything is for sale at the right price" :)

If you search through my threads, you can see the build and mods done. It's pretty mint with only 9k miles. I'd probably list it for around $9500, any cash offers in that range I would entertain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks