• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stripping old paint

Jakob

In the next couples of weeks, I'll be starting the paint stripping on my deuce. I can't use a sandblaster due to location. Has anyone else used other methods that's proved to be faster than sanding? Something like a chemical stripper or anything like that?
I have an air compressor and DA sander w/ ALOT of heavy grit paper. I'd like to use something else to get the hard to reach spots. Bubba used some kind of brushed on paint on top of the multiple layers of CARC. There's literally about 1/8" of old paint on the truck. Not to mention that the colors aren't correct at all.

comdiver

I am trying to be the best stripper out there. So if anyone would like me to strip their truck let me know. All I ask is that the fuel tank is full and you sign the paperwork for the truck :D over to me.
Signed,
"The Best Stripper" :D

Jakob

Re: RE: Stripping old paint

gimpyrobb said:
Jacob, I like sandblasting the best, but you could also use a needlescaler.
What's a needle scaler? I live in an urban area, so sand blasting isn't realistic. I need something more controllable.

I completely missed the "Paint and Bodywork" section. All I seen was the sandblasting section and that's not an option for me. I'll post over there and see what turns up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks