• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck injector

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuck injector - I WIN!

Doing a head gasket replacement on a the mulit in my cargo... it was getting bad about leaking oil.

Anyways, one of the injectors is STUCK. As in ain't moving. I can twist it with a cheater bar and 18" crescent. Tried prybar, and put a tie rod separator under it, still no go. Any ideas?

Dennis

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forget if the multi is direct injected, if it is, and you aren't gonna try and save it you can pop it out from the bottom by hitting it on the nozzle end. If not, spray some penetrant on it and just keep twisting like you are doing now. I'll bet that the seal wasn't put on the injector the last time it was worked on.

Westech

CPL
PB blaster and soak the snot out of it... could be carbon. Let it sit for a day or two and try it again. But one way or the other sounds like you will need to replace one injector.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the ideas guys. I do have some spare injectors, but still going to try and save this one. I'll soak it and build a adapter for my slide hammer...

Dennis

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I win! Tried to drive it out from the bottom. 3/8 hole, used a bolt with a hole drilled in the end to fit over the tip of the injector. All I did smash the heck out of a grade 8, 3/8 bolt. :cry:

Took the return line fitting off the top, and drilled/tapped for 1/2 bolt. Put my LARGE slide hammer on it. Promptly pulled top off the injector. :roll:

Cut the top off the injector, drilled for 1/2 bolt again, and installed slide hammer directly into injector. This time I won. Injector was rusted into the bore.

Here's some pics. Slide hammer I made for work, have adapters for different bolt holes, and 2 different slide weights. 7/8 hardend rod, 36" long, and 10 pound weight. :twisted:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks