• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Substance on front floorboards

pbrstreetgang

Can anyone identify the substance that I can only describe as some kind of petroleum or oil based material on the front driver and passenger side floorboards?

I am going to strip all of the rust from the floor boards, patch the holes and lay down some rhino liner and I need help in removing this stuff. It is kind of stubborn, but then in other areas it is all bubble up.

Numbers

There are various substances to use on removing petroleum based substances to ensure proper adhesion. Try Eastwood for information on their products but try and use someone elses because Eastwood is expensive. Sorry but do not know for sure if some idiot used something really fun like roofing tar down there. If it's that then you have your work cut out for you.

Where at in KY are you ?

niferous

If it's a tar like substance they used a similar product in FJ60 Landcruisers (my other project). What the us wagon guys do is get some dry ice and press it against the stuff then smack it with a rubber mallet. This actually freezes the stuff and then breaks it apart. Then you just sweep it up off the floor and go on down the road.

Mudstone

my hydroboost is peeing fluid pretty much everywhere... however the fluid level is not substancialy decreasing... i think it just kindly mists the driver side wall of the engine bay and leaks a bit into the cab...