• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Success Alas! Brakes!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, as some of you may remember, when I repowered the M108 last Feb I replaced the master cylinder with a new one. Well, several months back the brakes started going away.I checked the fluid level and it was down so I filled it up and bled the system with my homebrewed power bleeder. As I was bleeding the rears I heard fluid running. Looked to the front and it was coming from the master cylinder. A closer check revealed that it was comeing from the boot on the master. This is bad news meaning a seal in the master is bad. Fast forward to yesterday! I finally got off my backside and replaced the master cylinder with the last one I had in stock. Got it all in and bled and have brakes. I also took a few minutes and hooked up the wire to the Mico Lock that the truck came with. Now not only do I have brakes, I can lock them. One thing I did notice was a slight brake drag. I had also noticed this before when the brakes were working. I was thinking I had adjusted them too tight. A little digging showed that I had not correctly adjusted the pedal linkage to the master and it wasn't retracting all the way. A few turns on this and all my problems went away. I'm wondering if that wasn't the cause of my previous master cylinder failure. Anyway, now I have that master cylinder to rebiuld as well as one Floridianson gave me at the FL Roundup. Soon I'll have 2 back in stock!

acetomatoco

Yup Kenny, a lot of folks don't realize that there are 25 mechanical adjustments for the juice brakes on the Deuce.. and #25 was your problem... good catch.. ACE

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: Re: RE: Success Alas! Brakes!

ehhhh,Brakes are for wimps....All you need is a Shifter,a Go pedal and the stearing wheel........oh wait....Never mind......I am thinking of dirt track racing.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks