• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful Recovery, Now what?

M1009 Fiend

Successful recovery of my m1009 from Barstow,CA is was a 8 hr drive down and about 8 1/2 back so it was'nt to bad. Got to Barstow at 9 was loaded up, chained down and ready to get back on the road by 10am. I was fun having a small fork lift pull then push my 1009 on to the flat bed. trailer.

Well we got home at 6:30pm, it was dark my dad was dead tired and we had to unload the m1009 and the first problem the whole trip. One the the ramps for the back of the flatbed went missing and is still missing somewhere on the 99. But that wouldnt stop us; one rail road tie, 5 stepping stone and we had a heavy duty makeshift ramp. A couple minutes of pushing and the 1009 was off.

With the weeknd coming up i have time to work on it and get it running and need some help.

1. And suggestions on where i should start.
2. What is the best way to charge the battery's or should i just turn them in a get a new set, any suggestions on the battery's i should get.

I have the operators manual, and lube order so if nothing else im just going to follow that.

Thank you For any knowledge you wish to bestow upon me.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks