• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Successful road trip and charging fix

JeremiahAK907

Just wanted to inform everyone my ole 86 m1008 with all its charging gremlins is now working perfectly charging I know some will cringe but she's fully 12 volt now. And she made a long slow drive from Washington, D.C. All the way up to Chicago which is my next station for school. **** navy haha. Probably time to drain the brownish well used tranny fluid. But she rolled down the road nicely no faster that 55-60 took a while but made it in one peice and with no problems!

rsh4364

Congratulations, your story reminds me of my first 1009 transmission fluid change. That stuff smelled so bad it about made you sick, but still shifted fine.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slow but it will get you there.
Glad it's working. Yes I Did cringe.

Instead of starting another thread, update the one(s) you already have going.
It will help way down the road when someone is searching for solutions to the same type issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks