• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super single wheel questions

Bidslinger

On the back axles will I be able to use the dually wheels for the 1600 20s or does all axle need to be the same?

What is the width and heigth of the 395 80 20 tires?

What width should I have my wheels made?

Thanks much appreciated!!

dma251

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are going to run 16-20's you have to run the 10" wide combat wheels at the minimum. In any case all positions have to be the same diameter = you need 6 combat wheels. They're out there. Start checking locally, you'll find them. I had all 7 of mine 2 weeks after deciding to go that route and getting the funds together.

Bidslinger

You answered my question. Basically I just wanted to know if I needed all six single wheels or 2 for the front and use 4 of my back axle wheels.

As far as tire size I have yet to decide I am worried about power loss from the 52" tires and am more interested in width.

Hp will be dealt with later right now I need the tires

M1075

You can use stock dually rims in the rear if you want to. Here is a pic of one of my 5 tons with Goodyear AT-2A 14.00R20 on combat rims in the front and stock rims in the back.

395 85 R 20 are about 46-47" tall and 15.5" wide. I think they would be a good choice for 5 ton multifuels. I have always wanted to mount a set up and try them.

Attachments

Bidslinger

M1075 said:
You can use stock dually rims in the rear if you want to. Here is a pic of one of my 5 tons with Goodyear AT-2A 14.00R20 on combat rims in the front and stock rims in the back.

395 85 R 20 are about 46-47" tall and 15.5" wide. I think they would be a good choice for 5 ton multifuels. I have always wanted to mount a set up and try them.
Thanks! Thats what I needed to hear. I just want to make the right decision for the current application so thats what all the questions are about.

On the light side is that picture of his and hers? The wifey's suv possibley :lol:

M1075

The combat rims are a better suited for the singles, but I wanted to show that you CAN run singles with just 2 combat rims in the front. Combat rims are wider, safer, tubeless, allow the track to be the same front and back, and have the beadlock feature. If you can get all combat rims, go that route.

I think both of the trucks look good with the singles, but the M1075 will go places the M52 can't dream off (and a singled out tractor is very capable).

PWM

If you already know this ignore my rambling. I have been looking for wheels to single my deuce and found that Accuride Wheels makes some real nice 10x20 bolt together wheels, I wish they made some 6 hole wheels in addition to the 10 hole. I guess I need a 5 ton.

mucekok

try usa 6x6 for your single duece wheels. talk to a guy by the name of daniel little. he builds the two piece bolt together tubeless double beadlock wheels you are looking for on the duece. if you mention my name or websitee (kevin andrews or mucekokoffroad.com) he may speed up the process of building them. i supply him with alot of the wheel shells he uses to build these wheels. i run them on my duece and suburban with excellennt results.

M1075

area52 said:
So are combat rims military or custom made? Are they pretty expensive?

thanks
I use the term "combat rims" to refer to original military issue, 2 piece bolt together rims, with internal beadlock. The M939A2 series trucks use these rims with 14.00R20 tires. Other trucks such as the M35A3, HUMVEEs, FMTVs, HEMMTs etc. also have "combat rims".

You can also get custom made 2 piece bolt together rims with internal beadlocks. www.usa6x6.com and www.stazworks.com seem to be the 2 leading providers. They can cut any bolt patterns in the rim such as 6 lug rockwell, 8 lug chevy, or 10 lug rockwell. These type of rims are very popular among the 4x4 crowd so they can run the military 20" tires.