• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

super singles or duals

painkiller

now the normal mil spec tires kinda suck in the rain on pavement and i am going to have to change them often so... i was looking at the Michelin XL 12.5 R 20's and i want to leave the tires in the back duals but i dont know if they are going to fit or if i am going to have to go super singles just wondering if anyone was running them duals in the back thanks..

JohnnyReb

Unfortunately my response won't help answer your question. What tires fit the stock rims; what tires work best as singles; what are the options for duals other than 9:00x20's?

The tire questions are the most confusing to me. I know this issue has been addressed in several different ways in several threads, so a search would be productive. However, it would be very helpful if a "tire expert" (and I know there are several on this forum [^] ) who could summarize the options for singles, duals, stock rims, etc. would forever gain my respect and admiration (and also help answer painkiller's question)

M1075

I'll contribute what I can. I'm no "tire expert", but I have put super singles on a deuce a time or two.

PK-

Those 12.5R20 tires should 13"wide and 40" tall (same height as 900x20). I'm not sure if they will work as duals, but I would run singles anyway. Just flip your hubs and you are set. What are you going to use for rims? The approved rim for the Michelin XL 12.5R20 is 11".

JR-

For stock rims, you are best off with 900x20s or 1100x20s tires. Other sizes "will" fit, but not advisable. 900 rims are 7" wide and 1100 rims are 8" wide. If you can get/make wider rims you can go with options like 12.5R20s (40" tall, same as 900s, take 11"W rim), 14.5R20 (43", same as 1100s, take a 11" or 12" rim), 14.75/80R20 (45" tall, 10" rim), 15.5/80R20 (47" tall 10" rim), or 395/85R20 (47" tall, 10" rim).

These numbers represent specs from Titan Tires (NDCC) and Michelin (Radials). Other options may work. Post up any other questions you might have and I'll try my best.

painkiller

yeah it cleared up some of mine as well... the thing is i went to usa6x6.com and talked about the tires the person who i spoke to said that if i went a size up i can't run duals but if i stick with that i would be able to get by, i know super singles handle alot better and over all dont wear as much and less tire to change but ive always ya know.. liked the duals so if i can try and stay with them i will, so for 90% tread left on the tires ehh... lets see i asked for 10, and they gave me 2 free tires for around 1450ish with shipping so getting 12 tires for that i wouldnt think is all that bad cause thats alot of rubber :p

rdixiemiller

USA 6x6 is getting tires from Berg Supply and marking them way up. Berg has 1100x20 NDCC tires for around $30 each. 12 tires for $360 plus shipping. You can run 1100x20 NDCC's as duals on a Deuce, I believe McInfantry is doing so. Call Berg Supply, he has the 12.50 radials as well.

rdixiemiller

Berg was great to deal with. He has a huge assortment of tires, and will work with you. Several others have posted the sizes and prices, so I won't do it all again. I bought 7 900x20's for $20 each, and picked them out myself. 4 are brand new, had to be spares on something. He probably had 3-400 1100x20's, anywhere from 50% tread on up. I saw piles of 1600R20's, too big for a stock truck. If I ever bob a deuce, they would be my choice of skins. The only tires I didn't see was 1100R20 Michelins, and 1400R20's.

painkiller

thats good because as long as i can get the 1100x20s at around 20 to 30$ a piece that would be great looking for something like 90% tread left and greater i'll give em a call later today

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks