• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super-singles

windmillman

Are the newer 10 bolt rims able to replace the duals on the M800's? Do you have to turn the hubs and beat out studs like on the M35A's before you can put the single on? I just saw some 10 bolt 20 inch rims and tires for sale and wanted to replace the military tread narrow tires on my 821, thought i could just take the existing off and then bolt the new rim and tire right on. Any thoughts?

jollyroger

Like Jwaller said they bolt and go. Just flip the rear rims in and the fronts out. The track lines up. I only have one of these right now and am looking for more but I have seen them up close and personal on the 900 trucks.

Barneyszoo

5 ton combat rims work great, frounts out, rears in. I heard that the hemmtt rims have some problem with the studs not being long enough, guys are using the spuds from the rear duels but they don't give full rim to break drum contact. Don't need to flip the hubs to run the combat rims, I'm gonna do it just because I like the look of the flat side of the rim faceing out.

M215

Flipped hubs

Hey windmillman,
The Hemitt rims work both ways on the 5 ton rears. I did the work to flip my rear hubs because I wanted the flat side out. Easy to do, just heavy stuff to deal with. I used an ATV jack to raise and lower the brake hubs, saved the back! Remember to flip the bearings / races, good time to install new seals also.

Picture is our M813 from a parade this summer.

Karl

Attachments

KsM715

:idea: Just found a way to help with those heavy ass drums. Im buying a atv jack when they go on sale for Christmas this year.

Thanks Karl.

If the wife gives me any crap about buying more tools I'll tell her I'll gladly return it if she can lift the drum and move it 5 feet.:D

nridr124

5 ton supper single ??

i have a 5ton had dump body on it when i got it wasjust cab and chassis i bought a set of 8 1600x20 supper single tires the truck curently as 1100x20s on it will i have to buy new rims or will the bud rims work? thanks nelson