• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Support strap for the compressor, ideas?

DanM7890

The housing is deff cracked so I have sourced a good used Cat 3116 front mechanical housing Part#7E-6366 for $200 shipped. I'm not going to repair the one on there as I would rather have a good one without issues. My next thing is to find a way to support the compressor properly to avoid this issue in the long run. Someone mentioned a support strap, can someone elaborate a bit on this. Is it something I can buy as a kit or can I just make one myself?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I moved this to it's own thread as it seems to be an ongoing problem with these trucks. It will make it a little more searchable in the future for all of us.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should already be a bracket supporting the rear flange of the compressor. In my case the bracked was broken and after welding the crack i went ahead and reinforced it as shown in the below picture. Hope this helps.

Attachments