• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surging Idle on start up M1078

alleuro

I have a LMTV with 13,000 miles it has sat a while but I drove it home 40 miles without issue. When I start up the idle is loping and surging any ideas on what to check? Temps are in the 30s here now but I have the block heater plugged in and the engine block is warm to the touch. I'm going to change the fuel filters and have drained the water separator. After it warms up it idles ok. Just wondering if something simple needs checked out? fluid levels are all fine but the engine light is on and batteries have low voltage.

Just learning the bugs and trying to get this ready to use as an RV for my Alaska adventures.

snowtrac nome

If your fuel filters don't help look at the primary filter housing ,the primer balls are notorious for leaking air into the system, if you get air introduced into the fuel system it will make for short a life for your fuel injectors.

alleuro

If your fuel filters don't help look at the primary filter housing ,the primer balls are notorious for leaking air into the system, if you get air introduced into the fuel system it will make for short a life for your fuel injectors.

How do you detect if the primer ball is bad? Should it pump up hard and stay that way? I'm still having issues and the check engine light is on. I'll try to find a code reader and see what it says.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks