• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

surplus Deuces going bye bye

TaylorTradingCo

My father in law said he passed around a hundred trucks on the interstate yesterday heading south. He said there were tons of Deuce trucks, 5 tons, tankers, dozers, generators... He figured they were taking them Haiti.

I am very happy to help them, but am afraid that this will put a serious hurt on the remaining inventory and availability of future surplus trucks being released from the military.

Derek Taylor

TaylorTradingCo

I don't think a hundred trucks is a drop in the bucket of what is left personally, but that is what he passed on a single trip in a single day. Who is to say that there aren't that many going by every day and we just don't see them?

Not trying to be scary, just wondering.

I met you at the GA rally and bought a bunch of top bows from you. Do you still have that fender mounted air filter kit for the old 5 ton multi-fuel?

Derek Taylor

Derek Taylor

croftonaviation

We may have a 52nd state before all this is said and done.
I think a lot of people are having this fear right now. I don't mind helping out some people in need but that place is nothing but a welfare nation, I don't think our economy could handle it for one, and secondly I don't think most Americans would go for it. At least this one won't.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Your concerns are a good question. I had the same concerns. On the flip side, I would say it is way, way, way too fast for our current leadership to take such an action.

Let's just wait and see. Don't want to jump to any conclusions or get too excited until we know for sure.

shootiniron

I can see this thing turning into a GIANT money pit,like there's enough in the coufers for it anyway. Seems to me the only difference between Haiti and Somalia was one had a drought famine,the other an earthquake. The media mouths will OMG it and the politicians will throw gobs of money at it then two or three years later it will be "oh ya Haiti,thats where that earthquake or something happened,right?" Like Somalia.:rant:

TexAndy

It's gonna take a fording kit with a really long snorkel to drive one home from Haiti...

Should make for some interesting recovery threads in 2011-12.

southdave

heck we left a bunch them there in 89, 92, 96,or was it 98 and I knew we where at least 3 times in 50& 60s that is all anyone there by now lol
Hate to say it but I almost miss baby doc

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Well, from experience, anything left on an island tends to stay on that Island. I saw a M923 With Winch in Hawaii go for under $3000 today and it was a good looking truck. I also visited Ft. Stewart this past week and they had 10 M35A3's still in their MATES lot, pristine condition code "A" along with probably 30 A2's also in really good shape. When will the trucks run out? That's anybodies' guess. Are there still more coming? All signs point to yes.