• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sway Arm Size and rear Transfr seal?

Somemedic

I got some xtra cash and Im trying to redo some of the rubber and suspension parts that need it. Wat size is the sway bar bushing... since they are sold at A-Zone figured Id get a greaseable version, just need a size. Also would like to redo shackels (springs) and body mounts, whos got kits?

Seems Ive got a seepage from the tc rear output shaft. Hard to change that seal or what?

Somemedic

Im sorry, its a M1009 from '84.

The leak coming out of the rear shaft and slinging all over the bottom of the truck. I dont care for that. Is this a hard seal to replace? Do I need to open up the TC to do it or is it all done from the rear of the unit? BTW, the folks at A-Zone said not to be replacing the 208's fluid with gear oil but with dextron III... that sounded strange to me.

Still having a hard time finding body pucks or kits for the truck, any suggestions?

CCATLETT1984

You dont need to open up the case to change the rear seal.

Yes the parts guy was right, use only ATF for that transfer case.

As for the bushings ask for the parts from a 1984 K5 Blazer with the 6.2L (the suspension parts are the same as civilian ones)

AJMBLAZER

Throw the sway bar away. Eliminates looseness and rattling in one fell swoop. Also less road vibes in the cab.

Pretty much any supplier of Energy or Prothane poly bushings should be able to get you a bushing kit for your truck. I know all the major online companies have them.

www.LMCtruck.com pretty much has everything civilian you'd ever need for these trucks in their stock form. Prices aren't always the best but you can find it there 90% of the time.

CCATLETT1984

Re: RE: Sway Arm Size and rear Transfr seal?

AJMBLAZER said:
Throw the sway bar away. Eliminates looseness and rattling in one fell swoop. Also less road vibes in the cab.
I DO NOT recommend that for the m1009, for the pickups its a great idea, but not the blazers.

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: Sway Arm Size and rear Transfr seal?

Bah. Unless his springs are so soft they need replacing anyways I have never run across a factory 4x4 truck that truly needed the sway bar. On most trucks they are in place for legal fears not performance reasons.

Somemedic

RE: Re: RE: Sway Arm Size and rear Transfr seal?

I never found the TM foor replacing that TC rear output shaft seal. you guys have suggestions?

HardCorps79

Reviving an old thread here:

Am having the same problem. Was getting a bad vibration at highway speeds and on acceleration, then lost the rear u-joint. Replaced it, but while I was messing with the drive shaft, I noticed its slinging tranny fluid on the undercarriage from the back of the transfer case. Figure the seal is shot. OD Iron has them, but I don't really want to wait on shipping.

Anyone have a part number handy? I searched for NSN 5330-01-096-6775, but can't find a civi counterpart.

Will a basic $5 seal puller from harborfreight work?
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories