• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SWCC SOCR boat not sold on GSA

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of you get in on the action on this bad boy this afternoon? Did not sell due to not meeting reserve. Bids were up to $16,125. Without engines, this boat would have been a bottomless money pit even if Uncle Sugar would have let it go. It is supposed to be fitted with a pair of POS Jap Yanmar 400 hp straight six high speed marine diesels that have a propensity to drop valves at any time. Cheapest I could find these engines is 20 grand each rebuilt. They are usually used in gold plate yachts. Then you need the marine gears (ZF) and likely the Hamilton jet pumps too.

Attachments

ETN550

I think there is a pair yanmars for sale right now plus an onan marine genset from a running takeout.

I thought the yanmars were decent if not held at max power for longer than spec. they are pretty small displacement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks