• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Switch function

jimm1009

In my '68 M35A2 WO/W there is a switch on the instrument panel that I can not identify.
I have not turned it on with power on due to concerned about it's function.
I have looked through the -10 and have identified two other switches that are installed in the other plugged hoes on some trucks but I do not have these kits on mine.
I am the first civy owner so I would think that it is an odd but genuine military kit that hopefully someone will have knowledge of.
It is in the group of five possible switch installations of which the other four are plugged.
It is just to the right of the gage portion of the panel and to the left of the glove box door.
See attached PDF pic.
Thanks,
Jim
jimm1009@yaoo.com

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

Is it a toggle switch or a rotating switch without a knob? I can't really tell. Does your truck have a heater? Possibly for that if it is a toggle. Someone may know, or you may have to follow the wiring and see where it goes, or, live on the edge and just turn the darn thing on and see what happens. :shock:
BC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my trucks had an M151 heater in the cab and they put the fan switch in that area.

Capt.Marion

Looks like an aftermarket switch for something like mentioned above, or maybe additional running lights? Don't think its anything too crucial, otherwise it would probably be labeled.

jimm1009

The truck does not have a heater and never did. All of the plugs are still in place and no holes have been drilled.
After market function does not seem likely since I am the first owner outside of the Uncle Sam. It is a toggle switch rather than a rotory style swith (rheostat) but I guess I will add it to my "list of things to do and explore" on my three day weekend.
I will be running some wire for future equipment installations so I guess this is a good time to sort this particular mystery out and have some fun too.

THINK GREEN fellow Mvers!!

Jim

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Switch function

It could be the cruise missile launch switch... LOL, sorry :) Just follow the wires underneath.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks