• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sword/TWH 1:50 M1070 HET w/M1000 Trailer & M1A1 Abrams

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While more of a scale replica than a model kit, (I didn't have to build anything) I thought this would be worth sharing -

I recently purchased this 1:50th HET, trailer, and M1 Abrams and took some photos of it today. I'm not really sure why I got this, I can go outside and look at a real one. I guess mostly for the trailer - its pretty cool. Maybe I'll get a nice display box and show it with the truck sometimes.

The tractor is very detailed, the hood and doors open, the steering and suspension works. The model is metal and the tires are rubber. The data plates are all there, including a lot of detail inside the cab. All three winches work and have a considerable amount of string for wire rope on them. Even the glad hands and air hoses can be attached to the trailer.

The trailer's 40 tires are rubber and the steering works to an extent. The ramps have springs on them and can move side to side as well. The gooseneck hydraulics move appropriately. The kingpin on the trailer fits into the tractor's fifth wheel. The landing gear/trailer jacks can be moved up and down and pinned into place.

The Abrams is not as nice as the HET and trailer are, but its nice to have a load to look at. Its too bad there are no tie downs, though I can't imagine how they'd work at this scale.

As with many scale models, certain details are difficult to replicate correctly - the mirror bracketry is far too fat and the rivets are much too large. A lot of this takes some very fine motor skills to get it to work correctly. A "wand" was included to open the doors and such, I've used it a few times and it is almost necessary to deal with the trailer chains.

Attachments

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it and when you display with the truck,it will give the unaware just what the truck is capable of.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something does not look right with the tires on that replica M1000, sticking out that far...... ?
FYR, here are two of many pics I took a few weeks ago in Doncaster, UK...

Still a cool thing to have for display... someone must have spent X-many hours recreating these little monsters.
Thanks for sharing.

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be a nice static display! Grandkids would have a BLAST with that. Sadly, it wouldn't probably survive. LOL Where did you acquire it from?

God bless,
Tony

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is bad ass. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it and how much was it?
Be a nice static display! Grandkids would have a BLAST with that. Sadly, it wouldn't probably survive. LOL Where did you acquire it from?

God bless,
Tony
I got it on ebay - it was pretty pricey...

Something does not look right with the tires on that replica M1000, sticking out that far...... ?
FYR, here are two of many pics I took a few weeks ago in Doncaster, UK...

Still a cool thing to have for display... someone must have spent X-many hours recreating these little monsters.
Thanks for sharing.

G.
I think your photos are of a UK M1000. There seem to be variations, as well as the King GTS 100 trailer.

Here is a US M1000 -

CurbsideFront.jpg

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..............I think your photos are of a UK M1000......
No, to my (very limited)knowledge they are all made by Systems & Electronics Inc, in St. Louis, MO. And their max. width is stated as 144", for all, which I'm almost sure now, refers to the distance between the outer tire sidewalls. That should be the same for all, except the ones that were changed over to single tires, like shown here...

After comparing some older pics - and a closer look at the dataplates.... I just realized that the ones I got in England actually are labeled M1000W. And their platform is definitely wider than what you are showing as the "US-M1000" version, so you are right about there being variations.

The TM's only cover the std. one. Maybe someone here can give us a little more insight, as when- and why the wider ones were used...?

Please disregard what I said in post #5.

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks