• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swords and Ploughshares MV Rally - Kemptville, ON July 2, 2011

DanaNield

Hi Folks,

I recently opened a paintball field in Kemptville, Ontario, just south of Ottawa and have concentrated in bringing realistic scenario games to the area. In the fall of 2010, after players were asking for yet another D-Day paintball game, I heeded their call and gave them an Ortona scenario game instead. Mike Calnan has been incredibly supportive of our efforts and to that end, he brought out a 6pdr to the Ortona game and fired a blank to start the day off! Needless to say, the players were, ummmm.... blown away?

In return, I've decided to assist Mike in his quest to acquire a building to house the permanent collection of the Swords and Ploughshares Museum. Mike acquired the D-Day Diorama that used to sit in the old Canadian War Museum. Myself and some other modelers plan to restore it, but not until we have a home for it.

Thus, the Swords and Ploughshares Military Vehicle Rally which we will hold on Saturday July 2 2011. On that day the speedball fields at the front of our property will be closed and behind them we will open a field for displaying vehicles. Those exhibiting vehicles will be admitted free and provided with lunch. If they would like to take aim at my staff, we can kit you up with paintball gear. We will be offering space to vendors.

Admission prices will be posted shortly. If you have any questions, please contact me via the website linked in my signature. My telephone number is listed on the site for those that want immediate contact.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you there!

Cheers!

Dana

Real Deal Paintball
4032 County Road 43,
Kemptville, ON

P.S. For those that require accommodations, there is a Howard Johnson's literally next door to the field!

Attachments

WPNS421

For those interested the site is located about 25 miles north of the US Border and about 75 miles from Watertown NY. It can be accessed by major highways. If you cross at Ogdensburg NY it is a straight run north 25 miles. We are going to be there with our M35, MKT, M1008 and a M274A5 Mule in the back. Good event and it would be good to have some cousins from the south join us.

P.S. If anyone would like t try the paintball game and get your ass whupped please feel free to challenge. My son and his team will gladly take you on.