• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T138 jumping out of gear - fixed

Ajax MD

@BigRig379 Dude, why couldn't you be closer to the east coast?

The output shaft bearings in my T138 were howling so I replaced the entire t-case because I didn't feel skilled enough to reassemble the t-case and get all of those important things like preload set correctly. I would have loved to do the job under your supervision and learn something.

I still have the t-case. It's sitting in a can. It always shifted perfectly and stayed in gear. You can grab the shaft flanges and move them all over the place, that's the problem.

BigRig379

@BigRig379 Dude, why couldn't you be closer to the east coast?

The output shaft bearings in my T138 were howling so I replaced the entire t-case because I didn't feel skilled enough to reassemble the t-case and get all of those important things like preload set correctly. I would have loved to do the job under your supervision and learn something.

I still have the t-case. It's sitting in a can. It always shifted perfectly and stayed in gear. You can grab the shaft flanges and move them all over the place, that's the problem.
Where in the east coast? The shaft I worked on didn’t require a preload. From what big mikes told me you rarely have to change the shim pack. I still ordered shims just cause you never know. I still don’t have confidence in my build just because I’ve never done it before. It I’m just gonna keep driving and testing to make sure, after I put about 1000 miles on it I’ll drain fluids and check for metal. Where do you live and what plans do you have for yours? I’d like to have a second just to minimize down time. If the situation arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajax MD

Where in the east coast? The shaft I worked on didn’t require a preload. From what big mikes told me you rarely have to change the shim pack. I still ordered shims just cause you never know. I still don’t have confidence in my build just because I’ve never done it before. It I’m just gonna keep driving and testing to make sure, after I put about 1000 miles on it I’ll drain fluids and check for metal. Where do you live and what plans do you have for yours? I’d like to have a second just to minimize down time. If the situation arises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm near Annapolis. I don't want mine to end up in the scrap heap. I'd like someone to rebuild it and use it. I'd even let it go for free if someone came to pick it up.

BigRig379

I’m going to go to Virginia to get a m127 . It wouldn’t be too far in a way to come get it

M109a2, XM818, M916, MK48-14,16,17,18.
M105, M447, M989a2, M127a2c, M129a2, M870

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks