• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail gate window sweep problems...$40 down the drain...

linx310

Well in attempt to stop my M1009 from becoming a mobile swimming pool I purchased an inner and outer tail gate felt window sweep setup from LMC. These things were not cheap!

I installed the inner sweep into the tail gate no problem. The outer sweep though did not work out to well.

I got the sweep's clips into the tailgate, but when I try to roll up the window it is putting so much pressure on the glass I can barely move it before it rips the outer sweep out of the channel in the tailgate.

After reinstalling 10 times the outer sweep now has a broken clip and is practically deformed...I just flush $40 down the drain.

I am wondering if the sweep was made wrong or if the tailgate is tweaked?

It looks like whomever ripped the old one out may have badly deformed the groves the outer sweep went into.

Now that I can not seal the water out I need to try some thing else.

It seems when it rains the tailgate is filling up with water and it seeps out of the seems where the inner access panel bolts into.

I wonder if I drill drain holes into the bottom of the tailgate, and then add weather tripping along the inside of the access panel if that would stop it from filling up my truck with water.

bigflew

Mine did the same thing only when driving down the road, water was coming from gate seal (new from lmc) not coming all the way to the top of the gate. yes it was coming in from the top corners.
as far as the wiper there are chanels on each side that the glass slides up and down on and are adjustable with bolts on each side of the gate this may help. also make shure gate is streight across the top where wiper mounts (not bent in twards glass.

Timber

I just installed one on my civvy K5 and I'm not sure if I got it from LMC or Classic Parts - I use them both.

Mine went on without a hitch and works like it should. I wish I could tell you for sure where I bought it but I'm pretty sure the receipt is gone by now.