• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate wirerope spring?

3dubs

The civi blazer only had a wire rope on the left side. The M1009 also has one on the right. The only part that does not seem to fit both sides is the spring. My right wire rope sticks out when I close the tailgate. Does anybody know if any civi truck had the wire rope on both sides? Can I make the left fit?

jimm1009

tailgate

My M1009 had the original tailgate on it when I purchased it and it had springs on both sides.
I replaced the springs and cables due to rust.
Jim

3dubs

I checked the LMC catalog and called them. They only have the tailgate support spring for the left side even for the Suburban. Would anyone else have it or do I take a day and cuise the junkyards? Would stealer, I mean dealer still have it?

3dubs

It is the little spring that is such a pain. I can get the left but not the right. The right one ise the one that is broke and my other M1009 does not even have a right cable at all. What a little annoying piece. If the cable did not stick out when the tailgate is closed I would not care at all.

Crash_AF

That's funny, one of my 1009s has the cable on the right, but 550 cord tied up to make a support on the left...

The rest of mine have cables on both sides, and the Burby does too.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks