• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking (another) Plunge

dmetalmiki

Ok, so having chewed over a forsaken M35A2 we viewed months ago..(that is one rough 'duck!) I Have though relented..and decided to 'bring it home', give it a good home, and "restore it as needed". Should be a good project (assignment under guidance) for the cadets as well over the winter months..

Attachments

Jericho

Your a good man ! will be in blighty in the summer, Would like to come see your collection, My wife s from Kings Lynn, Norfolk , We met when I was posted to RAF Mildenhall in the seventies and eighties. Have been considering a FV for years, you would be a good source of information.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diamond in the rough , w/ winch and hard top, the boys will enjoy working on that, especially if they can drive it when it's done.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That deuce just needs to be cleaned up and painted. It appears to be all there. Hopefully, the drive train is good.

rustystud

Ok, so having chewed over a forsaken M35A2 we viewed months ago..(that is one rough 'duck!) I Have though relented..and decided to 'bring it home', give it a good home, and "restore it as needed". Should be a good project (assignment under guidance) for the cadets as well over the winter months..
Nothing a good steam-cleaner and sand-blaster cannot fix ! Actually looks to be in pretty good condition. The cadets should have a blast fixing this up. Good hands-on experience.

dmetalmiki

Your a good man ! will be in blighty in the summer, Would like to come see your collection, My wife s from Kings Lynn, Norfolk , We met when I was posted to RAF Mildenhall in the seventies and eighties. Have been considering a FV for years, you would be a good source of information.
You are MOST welcome, If you decide to come over, And visit our collection here, we would 'pull out' ALL the kit! and you can enjoy the BBQ n Beerz we WILL have ready for you and yours. Stay over a night?. No problem.
And seriously, the cadets and young helpers WOULD REALLY like to meet you, or anyone from steel soldiers.

dmetalmiki

Nothing a good steam-cleaner and sand-blaster cannot fix ! Actually looks to be in pretty good condition. The cadets should have a blast fixing this up. Good hands-on experience quote
Thank you,

"With this much enthusiasm, How can we possibly loose?"..>oddball, Kelly's heroes, yonks ago,

dmetalmiki

You are MOST welcome, If you decide to come over, And visit our collection here, we would 'pull out' ALL the kit! and you can enjoy the BBQ n Beerz we WILL have ready for you and yours. Stay over a night?. No problem.
And seriously, the cadets and young helpers WOULD REALLY like to meet you, or anyone from steel soldiers.
And on reflection, I would have been at Upper Hayford and Greenham common around then, And that is where the M45 530C came from...small? world.