• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Talk About Dumb!

dabtl

OK, I am a big fan of the jatonka spiin on filters. I mean a big fan.

I put on the primary fuel spin on filter last year, using the Wix 33405/NAPA3405 filters.

Checking for water has been a PITA for me. The plastic plug in the bottom seemed difficulty prone. I always removed it, got covered in diesel/water or both.

Same thing happened yesterday. Covered in diesel trying to put the plastic plug back in was frustrating.

About 11pm I woke from a sound sleep thinking about that plug and putting in a valve in its place. Then it occurred to me. The plug has a slot in it. Not a design to help seal the opening but a place for the accumulated water to drain WITHOUT removing the plug entirely!

So, if you have put on the filter, and are as dumb as I, quit removing the plug and it will be much simpler. Boy, do I feel dumb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks