• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taller Cargo Covers

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Twenty-plus years ago my local Guard unit was a Signal Corps outfit. Their deuces all had shelters in the back - and all were masked by overheight canvas cargo covers and bows.

Regards,
David

ida34

Our maint section truck was always built up with wood to make a lockable shed. They did the same thing as in the pictures and took a canvas to the canvas shop and had them add in a few feet on each side. The then just draped it over the box to waterproof it. When I picked my truck up from DRMO it had taller bows. You can add about 6 inches or a foot by putting cut down pieces off wood in the stake pocket on the troop seats. I can't remember exact how far you can go but it basically take the canvas from over lapping many inches to barely overlapping. It usually gives just enough room so you can stand up if short.

houdel

Looks kind of cool, but then you'd need a garage with 14' sidewalls and 12' high doors to park it in. 12' sidewalls and 10' doors will fit most all other standard "M" series equipment, even a M816 wrecker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks