• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tanks for the memories

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I found this the other day.

Background story. I had heard about this tank last year and made a vain attempt to find it....no luck.

Since I was in the neighborhood I decided to scope for it again....asked some guys reading water meters if they knew about a tank sitting in front of a house.

Got instant directions and found the LZ.

When we (the Boss Lady was providing adult supervision) pulled into the driveway there was a lady standing there.

I asked if the owner was home and she told me he (her late husband) had passed away in March of this year.

I am still kicking myself for not being more persistant last year as she stated that he loved MV's and would have liked to meet me.

This tank is an M-47 and is fully legal.

He traded a functional Sherman for it and it does not run (she said that there might be a spare engine for it someplace).

It is not for sale at this time but that might change in the future.....I have first option on it.

She agreed that it needs to be in a more sheltered environment since pine needles are not good for paint.

Due to OPSEC she has asked that I not reveal any information on the location until she decides what to do with it. She gave me permission to post one or two photos here when I explained what Steel Soldiers was about.

If anyone reading this knows details of it please respect her privacy and don't post info on it.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what you and Elmo need, a tank.

And you thought that old wrecker would put you in the poor house.

3dAngus

That thing would be sweet, but it would take a full sized bar of gold to get it running and maintained. Then, where you going to drive it? It should be in a museum. Nice find!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
And you thought that old wrecker would put you in the poor house.
Yea.....having first option on it is like having first option on the Queen Mary.

If she offered it to me at scrap price (around 9K here) I'd have to take out a second mortgage (and prob would).

My next problem would be moving it.....the M915 might pull it....but it would not like it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Do I get second option?

I might dump my dream of a halftrack and M8/20 for that.

BTW, your GPS location is embeded in the picture. Please turn that off so we won't know where it's at which is at lat #@$%^ and LONG $^&^$#!. Oh I encrypted that.

KsM715

If you were/are even somewhat serious about getting that tank when she decides to sell, I would go tell her that it would look really neat under some authentic camo netting. ( 'cause I know if I had access to a small private plane I'd be out looking for that :p)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks