• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tarp & bow question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have been looking for a tarp & bow set for a 923 I found one online. It is a 14ft set but it comes with 7 bows and I thought the 5ton kits came with 6. I was able to match the nsn's for the parts online and I believe they are the same as from the 5ton kits but there is no nsn for the tarp or kit as a whole. Does the kit come with a spare bow or could the kit be for some type of trailer or other truck with a 14ft bed?
Thanks,
Will

emr

Whats a kit? Is it packeged from uncle Sam ? A crate? Or is it a set put together or sale by a vendor or individual? It does say its a 14ft cover ? And is that the 14ft for a 5 ton ? probably, You need that info from the seller. There is no way someone with the info you provided can get you the correct answer just by amount of bows. Good luck, :)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It is a gov't kit in a crate it is 14ft but it came with 7 bows. A 900 series 5 ton set has 6 bows unless the kit comes with a spare.

tarpset.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use 7 bows on the m923. Two of them would be side by side in the front by the short fence as there is an extra set of pockets. I use 7 so that way there is a spare and to give an extra support to my cover in my monsoon rain climate.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The bows have a good NSN. I searched that and it came back to most cargo trucks. Its a shame there is no NSN for the tarp. If I remember correctly, the hemtt kit I got for my deuce had 7 bows and the tarp was 14x14. It would work ok if it has end curtains, but those are not listed. They are easy to find though. Tough call on weather I would order it or not. Is it cheap?

Stonepicker1

I would say yes Will, it will work on a 923 or 925. It is the older type kit. It has the tarp with the rope instead of the rubber tie downs and your kit will have two end curtains that tie to the first and last bows. The newer covers are all in one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks