• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tec tip of the day.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When repairing the sprag air cylinder M809 series put the running or aired up truck in reverse and leave it there. Shut off truck . Next air down the tanks and begin the repair. This will help you remove the cylinder as it is a little tight to get off but it will come off. Then I have found the pistion has to be unsrewed after the nut comes off so try your hand or one of the nomar or belt wrenches as not to hurt the pistion. Then on reinstall screw pistion and cyl. together back on by hand till snug then install copper washer steel washer and new nylock nut. Also I have found it a good Idea not to bend the locking tabs on the four retainer bolts intill you shure the cyl / new copper rings have seated and no air leaks.
Also while your getting dirty get out you swivel 7/16 and a long long extension. Take off the battery cover and you will be able to see the 8 bolts that hold on the poppett vavles. Check and or give the bolts a go round.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks