• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Technical/Operational Help Needed

1956_4x4

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to download or find hard copies of technical manuals for the shop set (4940-01-209-8825) mounted on my M1031? I believe the manuals are:

TM 9-4940-562-23P
TM 9-4940-562-13

Smitty

1956_4x4

Still looking for some tech data or guidance. I finally received the title for the truck and believe I have everything operational. The PTO operates and the generator stays right at 60 cycles. The compressor works fine too. I'm just afraid that I'm going to miss something and burn everything on the back panel with out the tech data.

Smitty

1956_4x4

poppop said:
Have you tried the logsa site?
Not sure if I'm searching that site correctly, but it doesn't come up with anything for me. It might be another one of those cases where I'm just too technically challenged... :?

Smitty

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Try this the old fashioned way, buy a paper manual from the Federal Government at 1-800-553-6847.

I have not looked for this particular manual - but others which aren't available on LOGSA have been available here. This is obviously more expensive than free - but in the long haul a good set of manuals is the best single investment that can be made in a MV.

One other possibilitiy - since this as an Engineer manual (as denoted by the 5 prefix) - look for a local Engineer guard or reserve unit and try to beg one off of them.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

1956_4x4

DDoyle said:
Try this the old fashioned way, buy a paper manual from the Federal Government at 1-800-553-6847.

I have not looked for this particular manual - but others which aren't available on LOGSA have been available here. This is obviously more expensive than free - but in the long haul a good set of manuals is the best single investment that can be made in a MV.

One other possibilitiy - since this as an Engineer manual (as denoted by the 5 prefix) - look for a local Engineer guard or reserve unit and try to beg one off of them.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle
More than willing to pay for the manuals, I hope it didn't come across that I was just trying to scam a set. Where does this phone number connect? I was involved with Vehicle Maintenance in the Air Force for over 26 years and never heard of a Federal Department selling tech manuals to the public. Thanks for the number, I'll give them a call on Monday.

I must agree that a set of factory manuals are the best way to go. I make it a point to get a set for every vehicle I purchase.

Smitty

1956_4x4

emmado22 said:
Check a local maintaince unit that has the M1031.. They will have one..
I have Eglin AFB just down the road. I'd rather use them as a last resort since they don't need me getting in their way. I guess I could use it as an excuse to see if I know anyone working in Vehicle Maintenance... 8) 8) 8)

Smitty

NEIOWA

Any of the people selling TM on CD have these included? At one time I can across someone selling CDs with CUCV manuals (but I had no interest). Perhaps the contact truck is included?

1956_4x4

NEIOWA said:
Any of the people selling TM on CD have these included? At one time I can across someone selling CDs with CUCV manuals (but I had no interest). Perhaps the contact truck is included?
I think I've checked out all of the CD's on Ebay without any luck. I added it to my search list a while back, but have had no hits.

Smitty

ONTOS66

I checked Army Knowledge Online and found both manuals, but I can't download them with my current access. I have to write these people and find out why. It is very hit or miss on which manuals I can get and not consistent. The same stuff is available through civilian vendors who create CD libraries, why should I have to buy it when you know it came from the same source? Veddy irritating! More to follow. Dancecard Charlie 25 Out.

1956_4x4

ONTOS66 said:
I checked Army Knowledge Online and found both manuals, but I can't download them with my current access. I have to write these people and find out why. It is very hit or miss on which manuals I can get and not consistent. The same stuff is available through civilian vendors who create CD libraries, why should I have to buy it when you know it came from the same source? Veddy irritating! More to follow. Dancecard Charlie 25 Out.
If you happen to find these particular manuals through a civilian vendor, be sure to share the knowledge! I've also found them online, but I no longer have a .mil address. I'm sure I will locate a set, it just might take a while. I used to like the paper manuals, but I've found the PDF files work great when you need to enlarge the schematic size.

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks