• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Technically not a road trip.....

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason it isn't a road trip is because I never got on the road. I went from my land to the neighbors land....

My 87 year old neighbor came to my door yesterday afternoon winded and out of breathe. He tells me he needs my "big green truck" real quick fast and in a hurry. He had a tractor stuck.

I told him I needed about 10 minutes to disconnect my M353 and get air pressure built up etc. He says "That'll be too late.... it'll be burned up by then."

Apparently he and his son had been burning brush and the son was going to use his loader to create a firebreak when he found a soft spot in the ground and buried it up to the axles!

I now know one person can pick up a M353 at the tongue and get it off the pintle hitch.........

His son was worried about me getting stuck..... I explained what I was going to do and he said "Okay..... your truck...."

I put it in low range, backed up to the tractor, hooked up the chain and eased forward. Tractor came out with no spinning on my part and the neighbors tractor was saved!

I know I know..... nopics

but in my hurry to pull the tractor out of the fire I forgot my camera.......

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, my back is good. I have been taking multi-vitamins every day and my joints are feeling SO much better!

DKELONE

KR, I grew up at Fifth Ward, LA--maybe 5 miles from Effie & remember the mud very well. I slid a farm tractor down into Choctaw Bayou during one of my screw ups. Glad you were successful. David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks