• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp gauge doesn't work

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The temp gauge on my deuce doesn't work. Gauge looks like new, and I don't see any reason why the sending unit would be bad. However, I did notice some wiring that could be the problem. The wire going to the sending unit looks like it got too close to the exhaust manifold one time, and melted the outer rubber insulation. The metal wire itself is intact. Do you think this could be the problem? I want to say yes, but why should it not work if the metal wire is okay? I'm just stupid is all...

Armada

RE: Temp gauge doesn

Are you letting the truck warm up? :)
Check continuity of the wire from gage to sender. Also be sure it is wired correctly. There are a couple wires that can easily be switched.

acetomatoco

the gauge should peg itself if you ground the sending unit wire..with switch on... Secondly of course you should check the wire for continuity from the gauge to the sender end...The gauge gets its power from the spider connector in the cluster...

oldshep

Just get a mechanical one from an auto parts store. Hooks right up and works great. Very reliable!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks