• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp gauge probe to long??

doeber21

I decided to add a mechanical temp. gauge today but ran into a problem. The probe for the gauge was to long to fit in where the dummy light sensor was in the front of the head. So being the cheap ass i am and not having the right plumbing parts on hand i came up with this solution.

I pulled the dummy light sensor out, threw it over my shoulder. Took the glow plug/ fast idle sensor off the back of the head, extended the wires and put that in the dummy light sensor location. Then just threaded the temp gauge in the back of the head.

Glow plugs come on and fast idle worked. Gauge read about 160* - 170* on my lil test cruise, it is only 20* out. So i think its all par for the course and didn't have to buy any extra parts. Is there anything i could be missing doing it this way??

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks