• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminal Block Capacitor Question

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was cleaning the battery cable ends at the Terminal Block on a M1009.

I noticed that the Capacitor/Suppressor had tape over it and was burnt in to.

Is this item required?

I looked it up on http://www.wbparts.com/rfq/5910-01-189-5152.html , GM Part number 15599225

MRCCriteriaCharacteristicATYM COMPONENT RELATIONSHIPNOT MATCHEDAJJW COMPONENT QUANTITY1 AND 1 AND 1AQHL COMPONENT NAMECAPACITOR ASSEMBLY RADIO VEHICLE ACCESSORYAQHK COMPONENT CONTROLLING AGENCYGENERAL MOTORS CORPORATIONAQHM COMPONENT IDENTIFYING NUMBER15599225 DRAWING NO.ATYJ ELECTRICAL CONNECTION METHODPARALLELAEAU CAPACITANCE VALUE0.01 MICROFARADS AND 1.00 MICROFARADS AND 0.10 MICROFARADSAEAW CAPACITANCE TOLERANCE IN PERCENT-20.0 TO 20.0 AND -20.0 TO 20.0 AND -20.0 TO 20.0AARA TERMINAL QUANTITY2AARB TERMINAL TYPETAB, SOLDER LUGADJH MOUNTING METHODTABALGC MOUNTING CONFIGURATIONTWO SOLDER LUG TABS SPACED 3.000 IN. C TO C

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never mind. I googled it for myself and I found 5 posts on Steelsoldiers relating to this same part. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

It is a capacitor for the Radio Setup and is not required unless you are running a Radio Setup.

I'm still looking for a source.