• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

testing temp sensor

87silverado

My glow plugs and high idle are not coming on anymore on a cold start. I want to ohm check the temp sensor that screws into the head but im not sure what the value should be on a cold engine.

M1009

llong66

As antennaclimber said, they are two different parts. The glow plug sensor is on the rear of the drivers side head, on the inside side if that makes sense, the high idle switch is on the pass side head at the rear, behind the No8 inj. The easiest way to chk it is let the motor warm up, then see if you have 12v at the inj pump at either the high idle solenoid or adv connection. Cold you should have 12v at both. I believer "warm" is 95 degrees F Have you checked your fuses??

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks