• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing the forum

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ha! Cats

turbo-boost.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did the power go out? Someone forget to pay the light bill?
Our hosting company also hosts around 100 VoIP PBX servers. There was 9 servers that missed being patched for an exploit. Around 12am Sunday morning those servers were exploited causing a ton of IO activity bringing everything else to it's knees. So the hosting company began shutting down every server because they didn't know where the source was. They slowly started to bring all the servers back online. The downside to this was that they "flipped the switch" in a hurry to power down. There was a table that was damaged in our database due to that. So it took me a few hours to get things back to normal after they got our server online. I started looking into slowness yesterday around 8:30am and things were back online around 11:30pm.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well what took you so long?:twisted::twisted:rofl Good job Sir.
Most of my sunday was spent bashing my head on a desk. Basically I was dead in the water at 1:30pm. Only until about 9:30 pm last night was I able to get started on things. The forum database is over 4gb in size. So there was the bringing it online and recovering/repairing the it. Then I had to resort to backups for that single table, which meant restoring another 4gb database then extracting the good table....

A fun day, it was not....

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our hosting company also hosts around 100 VoIP PBX servers. There was 9 servers that missed being patched for an exploit. Around 12am Sunday morning those servers were exploited causing a ton of IO activity bringing everything else to it's knees. So the hosting company began shutting down every server because they didn't know where the source was. They slowly started to bring all the servers back online. The downside to this was that they "flipped the switch" in a hurry to power down. There was a table that was damaged in our database due to that. So it took me a few hours to get things back to normal after they got our server online. I started looking into slowness yesterday around 8:30am and things were back online around 11:30pm.
I have zero idea of what you said, it might as well have been the muffler bearings or headlight fluid that was the problem. But I'm glad you got it fixed. And I'm glad it's you and not me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks