• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Texan New to SteelSoldiers

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone,

New to the site and am excited about getting into this new hobby! My father recently passed (cancer, it was a blessing though) and he left me a good condition M998A1 HMMWV that he won in a GP auction back in 2016. I know I'll have alot of questions in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks
DK
Well come on in!!!! The water is fine . You will figure it all out pretty quick and it like hitting the lottery when you own a military vehicle because someone on here will have every anwser to any question you will ever have about your truck . Its a great bunch of folks that will run over each other to help you . Welcome aboard !!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone,

New to the site and am excited about getting into this new hobby! My father recently passed (cancer, it was a blessing though) and he left me a good condition M998A1 HMMWV that he won in a GP auction back in 2016. I know I'll have alot of questions in the coming weeks and months.

Thanks
DK
Well then, WELCOME to the outfit. There are lots of guys here who have opinions and skills to share. I hate to say I know nothing about the HMMWV other than they look pretty cool. You should snap a few pictures of your new truck and post them here to show your progress as you get it road ready.

Sorry to hear about your dad.
(I have been there, done that too - no fun)

Warhammer1

Well then, WELCOME to the outfit. There are lots of guys here who have opinions and skills to share. I hate to say I know nothing about the HMMWV other than they look pretty cool. You should snap a few pictures of your new truck and post them here to show your progress as you get it road ready.

Sorry to hear about your dad.
(I have been there, done that too - no fun)
I appreciate that Mullaney and thank you for the words, it is definitely not fun - joy that the suffering is over, but the process is no fun.

m715mike

Howdy from an Aggie on the north side of Houston!

Mixed emotions here... I’m sorry to hear about your father, but glad to see a new member on SS with a HMMWV no less.

We hold an annual Texas MV Rally in College Station each March. Hope you can join us in 2022.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks