• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanks to all with all the good advice on the M1008!

ssgtwright-usmc

Wanted to say thanks to the SS members here for the great advice they have given me from my transmission to the fuel system.
About 4 months ago I changed out all the engine oii, changed and replaced oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.
A few months back it started to seem I was having transmission problem since it wouldnt change gears when I reached 45mph.
Had a transmission shop look at it but they were of no help.
I changed out the tranny oil, filter, modulator and governor all last week and no fix.
Today I went out and changed my fuel filter again since I got 8 from ebay for like $40.
After taking the truck for a test drive it was driving smoothly and shifting when it needed to.
Guess I must have crud in the tank if I had to change the filter again after 4 months from the last change.
But one thing it did make me do was change the tranny fluid and filter which I probably would have never done since their is no drain plug for the tranny pan.
Again, just wanted to say thanks for all the help you have given me so far.
Semper-Fi

Jones

Transmission pans are designed with no drain plug 'cause they don't want you just swapping out the fluid. A fresh filter is a must and dropping the pan makes it an easy task and one that's hard to make excuses for not doing.
Another good item in your fuel system is a water separator. Keep an eye on it as water will saturate the paper element in a fuel filter and once water-logged the filter won't pass fuel.
Glad you're up and running. Plan on a few more filter changes though before everything is completely flushed out of the system.