• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thanksgiving Deuce on the Loose

3dAngus

Islandguy Don, from Michigan, is making a 200 mile trek with his Oddball Exress (M109A3 from Fl.) up North with his Deuce for all the family to oogle over and enjoy. What a thrill it must be to share with the kids on Thanksgiving. I'm sure it will be a big hit for all.

Lets wish him well and a safe journey. I hope many more of you get to share in the same joy of sharing experiences with your MV's, especially for the kids, as I know how well a 30 year old "kid" can get excited over the drive.

They're just downright COOL!

I yearn for Grandchildren to share in the same joy someday.

91W350

As I drove mine to work this morning I was wishing we were on the way to the Lake of the Ozarks. My extended family is in Laurie, about 350 miles. It would have been great! Thanks for sharing! Glen

SPCWarning

Have a safe trip Don, and have FUN! The kids (even the grown up kids) are going to have a blast not to mention all the good folks who get to see the truck on the road heading up! Best wishes for a good time and a safe ride!
Jimmy

Cleptomaniac

Sounds like a blast! Not shure if I'll drive the deuce or the CUCV. Prolly the CUCV as I would have to finish the plumbing on the air assist on the Deuce:p

islandguydon

Thanks Dell, I left at 0900 and arrived at noon. I kept the tack at 2100-2300 and she purred like a kitten the whole trip. I got at least 20 thumbs up on I-75 North on the way up and the same or more on the way back. I was saluted by the Michigan State Police as well. That one threw me for a loop. I gave an MSP officer a members sticker I got from Recovery4x4, I told him at the rest stop to check the site out and he already knew about it. He almost got his check book out. Chris "oddball" did me a solid on this M-109 she runs amazing.[thumbzup]

Thats the check in stats. Peace out...!

Akicita

I didn't move my M35A2 at all today but one of the guests I had at my house today, a man in his 50's, first wondered why I had such a truck, then wandered over to take a closer look, and now we're looking for a day when we can both go to buy one for him. :-D

Ken, if you're reading this, get some winch trucks ready. We'll be coming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks