• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

That small run of rubber fuel line at fuel pump.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The line from the frame to the pump is preformed. I have never found a new replacement.

When I did replace one I used a longer piece of hose and made a sweeping curve so it did not kink. Others have bebt the metal tube at the frame to make the line curve better.

Well I don't know that it is bad. I'm going to replace my fuel pump because it is hemorrhaging from somewhere so I thought I'd replace that line at the same time. Do you think this is an unnecessary thing to do if there isn't a specific problem with the hose?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One issue to look for is if the hose has been rubbing on the crossmember. Many times the right motor mount will fail, allowing the engine to drop on the right side and the hose will start rubbing on the crossmember.

If the hose is okay, just reuse it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use a jack with a board under the oil pan. Helps raise the engine enough the help remove the pump. Also use some grease to hold the pump rod in place.

cucvrus

I think Warthog is telling you to remove the push rod cover plate and clean and replace that gasket while you are in there. Just leave the 2 M6 bolts loose on the bottom of that cover plate until the last 2 to tighten. that helps get the 2-3/8" bolts on the fuel pump lined up and let them loose also until you restart the metal fuel line into the pump. I hope that helps at the risk of being over helpful. Good Luck and be patient. It will be a task if it is your first one.

llong66

Rusty,
If I was already there, I would just go ahead and replace that small piece of rubber hose just as PM, who knows how longs its been there!
Just my 2cents

Good luck!
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks