• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The 16 ft habitat would make a nice camper box for a 6x6

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw this on GP, and I wish I could buy it but I have neither the money nor the storage space!
Here's how it would fit on an M1083 for example: yes using the photos in dimensions provided I modeled it up. Only the height and width are listed in GP not the length or weight, so I sent them an email and they gave me the length of 16 feet but didn't have the weight but it looks just like a longer version of an S280, so it should be aluminum and not that heavy once you strip out the unnecessary hardware.
IMG_20231027_150152.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
This kind of Van was my Home, office, work shop, and sleeping quarters for 5 years, of 24 hour duty, every second or third day. So I have some knowledge about it. First off, its cold as hell if you have no heating source. The insulation is crappy. That's the reason there were two big, noisy Air Con/Heaters mounted to the front at one time. Ours was ground mounted, and we put a hole in the roof and installed a diesel fired heater. It was the only way to live/work out of it as soon as it was cold outside.

Second, the roofs leak, and sometimes badly. You need to really look hard at the roof. If no one is looking, take a sharp, pointy object and make a small hole in the skin, inside or outside, just above the floor, to see if water leaks out.

Lastly, get the right hardware to fix the door lock. By that, I mean if someone locks you in it, you can still open the door. Ask me how I know. No fun after a few hours of "Joking".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks