• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The GOER is operational!!!!!!

AMGeneral

Finally!! after 2 years of finding parts sources,parts re connecting hacked up wiring and hoses, my M553 GOER moved under it's own power! Granted it was only a few feet,but it moved foward then reverse,at which point the engine governer hung at full throttle and I had to shut it down.Plus the fact that the radiator is out for repair I didn't want to run it long.A great thanks to all who helped for sources for parts.Hopefully I can post some pics soon.

P.S. This thing belches out more black smoke than a non turbo Deuce!!!

CGarbee

So, do I get to see it (and photograph it) when I come up for the show that we are having in western NC??

How is the wrecker comming along? (I know what it's like to be wrenching on more than one truck at once...)

AMGeneral

The GOER is operational!!!!

Sure Cabell,just bring your camera(mine is NMC).BTW I'm working on 4 vehicles at once(Deuce,wrecker,M52 and GOER).The 816 is coming along slowly,I still have a muffler to patch and I think the trans needs a input shaft bearing,I should have it finished before Oct 7.I also need to put head gaskets on the Deuce and have the heads milled(hopefully this weekend).