• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M108 is gonna get torched! (update)

USMC6062

I hate to say it, but it looks like it's getting cut up this weekend. I stopped by Teds today and the truck is still there. The landlord said it's got to go, and his partner that owns half the truck wanted to cut it up last weekend, but Ted was trying to hold off so someone could buy it. Ted's wanting to do the right thing and let someone restore it, but nobody has shown any interest. It's not going to make much difference to him, he will end up with a set of axles, and the scrap money will be enough to buy another set, so either way he is getting the two sets he wants. Or he will take $2800 for it as is. If you are interested you need to give him a call, he doesn't mess with the computer much, so don't waste your time emailing. This is why I've been posting stuff on here for him. His shop number is 904-825-2114, call between 9:00 and 6:00. If someone wants it, but can't pick it up right away, we can move it back out to his property, but it needs to be paid for up front. Here's a link to the old post about this truck with pics.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23484

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: The M108 is gonna get torched!

sorry to see another one fall to the torch. i was hoping it would find a home by now

FreightTrain

Banned
Cannot stand seeing any green iron that is remotely restorable cut up....Wish I had 2 pay checks rat holed.I would offer a straight up cash price.......Then I would have to get a towbar...6 good tires....a butt load of fuel!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
God bless you, FT. Going all out to save the green iron no matter what the cost! If you get her, just make sure she is taken well care of...and that she eventually goes back to GREEN.

FreightTrain

Banned
yea,3rd peice of business would be GREEN!!!!!!! 1st would be getting it home!2nd would be getting it running.Don't hold your breath on if I can save her though....There is still 25 hours to go before I know if I have the axles.....

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I got my teeth kicked in on the auction today.A total turd of a deuce(Not running,More rust than a yankee car,no seat cusion,Missing parts) went for over $1600...and basically a frame with a cab tub and No axles,trans,engine,transfer,bed,hood,radiator,bent up fenders sold for I think 600 bucks!WTF!?!?!

But,RIP M108......

FreightTrain

Banned
Offroadfabworks said:
Heck FT if you want it bad enough i can set you up with the axles lol.. not to far to go get them. Your GMA will kill you rofl but go get it
Heck,you won't even set me up with my trailer that is next door at redstone..... :p

FreightTrain said:
Offroadfabworks said:
Heck FT if you want it bad enough i can set you up with the axles lol.. not to far to go get them. Your GMA will kill you rofl but go get it
Heck,you won't even set me up with my trailer that is next door at redstone..... :p
you will think that when you pay the recovery bill rofl. quite working and just come get it outta my lot :p

Crash_AF

I just noticed this thread... is the truck still in one piece or has it gone yet? I might be able to do something to save it if I can arrange a place for it to be stored until I can come get it or arrange for it to be shipped.

Later,
Joe

USMC6062

You can try an call his shop, we were at a mud bog yesterday and it was still in one piece then. If they are cutting it up today, it would be at his shop. He doesn't normally work on Sundays, but if he's there he should answer.

USMC6062

Well I guess I lied before, but they are actually starting to destroy the M108 now. They were supposed to cut it up a couple weeks ago, but I guess they had other things to do. When I left they were gonna start cutting the axles out, but I will see the next time I stop by.

Attachments